In the wake of changing mindsets over large homes and the shift to sustainable living, un-used space has become a “no no” in the home design industry. These changes emanate from low
To Decorate Or Not To Decorate While Selling Your Home During The Holidays
TO DECORATE OR NOT TO DECORATE WHILE SELLING YOUR HOME DURING THE HOLIDAYS!
The housing market doesn't come to a standstill during the holidays.
Why you should decorate -
Decorating your house will allow you and your family to celebrate the season while also offering any potential buyers a festive experience. Also, helping buyers to envision themselves in the home! If you do plan to decorate your home keep these tips in mind:
* Stick to neutral colors and decorations that complement your current decor
* Keep it simple - decorations could give your home a cluttered appearance
* Avoid decorations that block or hide important features or your home
* Don't leave gifts under your Christmas tree during showings
Why you shouldn't decorate -
Holiday decorations could negatively affect your home's appeal, whether it's because they make your house seem small or cramped, or because they're too much of a distraction for buyers who are trying to envision themselves in the home.
* Protecting your privacy, since personalized decorations and Christmas cards could reveal private details about your life
* The appearance of untidiness caused by real Christmas trees shedding nettles. Could also block off the part of the house where they are placed
Realty Executives Advantage
Karen & Henry Seale
Latest Blog Posts
By Kenneth R. HarveyFebruary 27, 2019The Washington Post, Real EstateIt’s a real estate and social barometer that doesn’t get a lot of publicity, but it’s important: More Americans are paying